Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Olivia's first trip to the Coast!

I've been DYING for a Coast trip ever since I was pregnant, but I've been so busy, so I was SO excited to finally get to go and the timing couldn't have been more perfect!
Olivia slept the entire 3 hours it took to get to Seaside, it was amazing! Especially because she seems to hate cars these days. We found a place to settle on the beach, I fed her, and then let her put her feet in the sand.


I was a little scared because I read about how babies don't usually like sand, but Olivia didn't seem to mind it that much. Actually, when I put her back on the blanket, she got fussy until I put her back in the sand.


Then we went down to the water to fill up her pail for a sand castle, I thought she would hate the cold water on her feet, but she was fine. We had to run from the waves a few times though... I don't think she's ready for that yet :) The water was FREEZING!!




After all the excitement from building the sand castle, she PASSED OUT! It was so funny too! Her hands stayed up like this the entire time, and she didn't have her binky in her mouth, but she kept sucking like she did. I LOVE just watching her.


It was a beautiful day on the coast and she did AMAZING! I'm so excited for more!

2 comments: