Tuesday, July 5, 2011

All American Cutie

I LOVE Independence Day! I love the patriotism and the colors... the fireworks, festivals, parades... EVERYTHING! So I've been SO excited for Olivia's first Independence Day.


We decided to check out the Murray Fun Days parade that morning. Marc and I had completely wore Olivia out the day before, and she really just wanted to sleep, but she's already slept through a parade and I really wanted her to be awake for this one!


The parade started with us saluting the American flag while people handed out flags to all the little ones. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of Olivia with her American flag!!


Of course Olivia was still the center of attention for everyone! You could see all the people on the floats talking about and pointing to her. One guy even shouted out 'Your Baby is beautiful! Your wife doesn't even look like she was ever pregnant!' Haha. Now I know why it was so hard to pick up guys when Marc and I would hang out... they all think we're married!!


So let me introduce you to my husband Marc, and our daughter Olivia. Haha! He wishes she was his!!!! (without making her, of course. Ew)


She was SO happy and watched the entire parade! She was a little afraid of the drums in the marching bands and she jumped out of her seat when the racecars revved their engines, but she loved all the action going on and the colors and people on the floats. It was SO MUCH FUN!

I also want to take a minute to thank her Dad, Jamel for serving in Afghanistan. It's so hard for him to be away from his family, and I know he feels like he's missing out on a lot and that he isn't there as a Dad, but he is, and he's an amazing support for me, even in another country. Jamel, I talk about you all the time and she will know and be grateful that you were doing an amazing thing for your country. She has the freedom to accomplish all that she desires in life because of brave men like you, and that is the best gift you could ever give your daughter. We are SO proud of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment