Monday, April 25, 2011

Olivia Lucille Francis Mercado

February 15th, 2011
7.0 pounds, 18.25 inches

Olivia is here! I went to work Thursday the 14th and just felt weird all day, but still didn't think it meant Olivia was getting ready to come. Everyone at work kept telling me that I was going to have her that night, but I didn't believe them. On my way home, she was kicking like she's never kicked before; I almost pulled over the car because I couldn't focus with all her kicking! When I got home, I did a little cleaning, made some spaghetti, and sat down to watch American Idol. When I got up to put my plate in the kitchen I had a huge urge to pee (all day I had to pee every time I stood up), and lo and behold my water broke!! At first I didn't believe it was my water because it was just leaking but after a while I realized that something was up and I called the doctor. They said that it definitely sounded like my water and to get to the hospital.

Christee picked me up and we were on our way. I had been SO excited for weeks and tried everything I could to get her here soon, but when I realized that it was here... I was actually having my baby I got SO nervous and so scared for the labor. I called Jamel and let him know that we were on the way to the Hospital and that I would call when I knew anything else but he was already on his way. The hospital was waiting for me when we got there and they wheeled me up to my room. My water HAD broken, I was at a 1, and was 85% efaced. I knew we would have to use pitocin, there was no way I was going to contract on my own... I hadn't had any contractions up to this point. It was 9:30pm and they said if I hadn't had contractions by 1:00am they would start the pitocin and they did. Brittanee and my Dad came as soon as they were able and Christee went home. At 4:00am I started feeling the contractions really strong so I asked for the epidural. Brittanee stayed with me and surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. The worst part was over... I thought. Britt and I took a nap and woke up around 7:00 am. My Dad came in and we all visited... I think by that point I was at a 4. Christee and Shaylee came back around 9:00am and we just sat around, waiting, and talking. At 10:00am the doctor came in and I was at a 6. I told Jamel to go ahead and get breakfast because the doctor thought I wouldn't be ready to push until about 2:30pm, but he was wrong. About 30 minutes later, I was ready to push!!

Oh man.... pushing was SO hard!! I thought it would be the easiest part of labor, but was so wrong. Everyone is yelling at you to push harder and you're pushing as hard as you physically can. It was so frustrating and not only that, I KNEW this was it, after I was done I was going to have a baby in my arms and I was SO excited and happy I just started bawling. After about an hour she was in my arms. The whole room disappeared. I have no idea what everyone was doing or what was going on, I just couldn't stop staring at my beautiful baby and I couldn't believe that she was here and I created her. Words can't even describe that moment, but it was the greatest day of my life.

She's the best baby. She's so beautiful, precious, and sweet. I'm so blessed to have her in my life and being a Mommy is the best thing in the world. I already can't imagine my life without her and I'm so happy that she's here.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful birth story! Sounds like your labor was similar to mine with Zoe in a lot of ways. Funny how nothing else matters when they get here! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! And she is gorgeous! Love ya!